Text To Rot13 Converter
What is a ROT13?
- ROT13 (“rotate by 13 places”, sometimes hyphenated ROT-13) is a simple letter substitution cipher that replaces a letter with the 13th letter after it, in the alphabet. ROT13 is a special case of the Caesar cipher which was developed in ancient Rome.
- Because there are 26 letters (2×13) in the basic Latin alphabet, ROT13 is its own inverse; that is, to undo ROT13, the same algorithm is applied, so the same action can be used for encoding and decoding. The algorithm provides virtually no cryptographic security, and is often cited as a canonical example of weak encryption.
- ROT13 is used in online forums as a means of hiding spoilers, punchlines, puzzle solutions, and offensive materials from the casual glance. ROT13 has inspired a variety of letter and word games on-line, and is frequently mentioned in newsgroup conversations.
- Applying ROT13 to a piece of text merely requires examining its alphabetic characters and replacing each one by the letter 13 places further along in the alphabet, wrapping back to the beginning if necessary. A becomes N, B becomes O, and so on up to M, which becomes Z, then the sequence continues at the beginning of the alphabet: N becomes A, O becomes B, and so on to Z, which becomes M. Only those letters which occur in the English alphabet are affected; numbers, symbols, whitespace, and all other characters are left unchanged. Because there are 26 letters in the English alphabet and 26 = 2 × 13, the ROT13 function is its own inverse.
What is Text?
- In scholarly terms, a text is whatever passes on a bunch of implications to the individual who inspects it. You may have believe that writings were restricte to compose materials, for example, books, magazines, papers, and ‘zines. A casual term for magazines that allude particularly to fanzines and webzines.
- Those things are undoubtedly messages—yet so are films, artworks, network shows, melodies, political kid’s shows, online materials, commercials, maps, masterpieces, and even rooms loaded with individuals. In the event that we can see something, investigate it, discover layers of significance in it, and reach data and determinations from it, we’re taking a gander at a book.
What is text to rot13 converter? how to use it?
Text to ROT13 converter is an online tool that converts the Text to ROT 13. To use it:
- Input your text in the input section
- Click Convert text to rot 13
Example text to rot13 converter